- At a meeting of the Building and Planning Committee, Fr. Manning presented the plans approved by the diocese to the members before they are posted on this construction blog. He read the letter of approval from the Building Commission and outlined the next steps directed by the Diocese.
- Our architect, James McCrery and his assistant are working on a color rendering of the interior of the approved design. The exterior designs and church footprint remain as submitted last year.
- Fr. Manning has met with three different local attorneys with particular expertise in zoning and planning. After a weekend of prayer and further advice, we will select our legal counsel. As you may know, John Brogan who facilitated the approval of our additional 25 parking spaces alongside the gymatorium has retired from the private practice of law.
- A number of parishioners have kindly agreed to serve on a small committee to interview and select one of four capital campaign companies recommended by the diocese to help us raise the remaning funds we need to complete construction. Roger Trendowski, our business manager, is coordinating interviews with representatives of these firms and their presentations to our selection committee.
- A committee is being formed by our Music Director, Dan Palko, to research and recommend plans for a church organ in the reconfigured worship space. One consideration is to replace the instrument used now for music in the gym with a suitable instrument which can then be moved to the new choir loft. It might then be used for a transition period until such time as a new organ is purchased, or serve as a suitable replacement for the organ we have now. Of course, the logistics of removing, refurbishing and re-installing our present organ will be investigated along with its associated costs.
As always, please feel free and invited to come forward and offer whatever talents you have in service of the people of God at Holy Cross.
Be sure to check our Construction Blog periodically for updates and look for a visual presentation of the plans in the church vestibule coming soon.